Gmail fills up fast, especially when you’re using it as a secondary email to sign up for freebies!
If you don’t have a freebie email address, I highly recommend you get one free at Gmail. For all my recommendations, check out this post on Getting Started – Top 8 Tips to Get Real Free Stuff
Here’s how to delete all of your Gmail E-Mails by Category:
Delete All Gmail Emails by Category
- Open your Gmail account
- Find the Search Box at top of screen
- Type in category:promotions and click the search magnifier to begin search
- Check the box to Select All
- Then, click the link at top that says “Select all conversations that match this search”- this will select ALL emails (not just the emails on that page). Note: this will not be an option if you have only one page of results.
- Click the delete icon to delete all (this may take a few minutes)
- Empty your trash (note: this will permanently delete all of the emails you just removed – so proceed with caution)
Other Gmail Categories you can search & delete using steps above:
Other tips for quick deletion:
- To increase the number of results displayed per page on Gmail, click the GEAR icon on right side of page, then click SETTINGS and change Maximum page size: Show XXX conversations per page (choose a number up to 100)
- To change which tabs are shown (or to remove tabs in Gmail): click the GEAR icon on right side of page, then click CONFIGURE INBOX and select – or deselect – the category tabs you want displayed