Easy DIY Noise-Cancelling Earbuds Headphones
Trouble with your ear buds staying in? Or, is outside noise too loud? This DIY Noise-Cancelling Earbuds hack is for you! It’s easy, and best of all – it’s FREE! Compare to these Sennheiser earbuds that start at $30 and go up to way past $100 each!
How? Read on!..
Since the iPod came onto the scene, ear buds have surged in popularity. They’re not only a great way to listen to your favorite music, radio or podcast on the go, they’re a great-sounding alternative to blasting your tunes publicly (which often isn’t allowed). Thanks to Apple’s incredible advertising campaigns, earbuds had all but replaced the old bulky headset for years. Then, when Dr. Dre came out with Beats audio headphones, that all changed and the headphone reigned supreme once again.
But, earbuds are still fantastic for a lightweight, easy-to-carry and wear alternative when jogging, walking or riding bike – or just working out at the gym. Commuting and traveling are great times to opt for the smaller in-ear speaker. Anytime you’re on the go and don’t want to lug around a big, lunky headphones.
But, you already know what earbuds are! Here’s how to make your own Noise-Isolating Earbuds for free! It’s easy, and you’ll LOVE them! I think they stay in your ear MUCH better than traditional ear buds. And the sound quality is much, much better because it blocks out background noise, cancels outside noise, and isolates your music right into your ear where you want it!
Benefits of Noise Cancelling Earbuds:
- Don’t fall out
- Sound great
- Reduce / cancel outside noise
- Powerful bass-driven stereo sound
- Excellent comfort
- Effective noise blocking
- High-quality ear-canal phones
Do It Yourself Noise Cancelling Earbuds:
1. Get a FREE pair of foam earplugs. You can get FREE ear plugs mailed to you – in this link. Or, pick up some cheap earplugs (usually less than $1) at the store next time you go.
2. Ear Plugs: Squish your ear plugs flat as shown in picture, then cut length to size. Set aside so they can expand back to their original shape.
3. Ear Plugs: When re-inflated, squish earplug flat the other way. Use a mechanical pencil cap, or regular pencil to puncture a hole in the center for the earbud to fit into.
4. Ear Buds: Carefully remove each outer cover piece (the part that inserts into your ear).
5. Fit your new custom ear plugs over your ear buds and allow them to re-inflate to regular shape/size.
6. Your awesome new noise-cancelling ear buds are ready to use!
Don’t miss our other hacks!
Don’t keep buying new phone charging cords, headphones and ear buds! Fix your cord when it breaks (or make it strong when it’s new so it won’t break in the first place!)
DIY Noise Cancelling Earbuds Video demonstration
Here’s the step-by-step instruction in pictures!