Shredded Beef Burrito Crock Pot Recipe
Looking for a inexpensive, yummy meal? Well, look to the Southwest! I love Mexican food, and so does my family. My ex-mother-in-law gave it to me. She was married to a Latino man who’s mother showed her how to make all kinds of wonderful Latin delicacies.
Like it? REpin it on Pinterest!
I’ve been making this recipe for years. It’s super easy. With a little planning your family could be enjoying this tasty dinner tonight!
If you have a Crock Pot and don’t use it, you’re missing out! Cheaper cuts of meat can be absolutely delish if cooked long enough in a slow cooker. Don’t miss our beef roast buying guide for tips on getting the most for your money, and what to avoid!
Gimmie’s Shredded Beef & Bean Burritos
Like this recipe? Why not PIN IT on Pinterest?!
- 1 (5 lb) roast — See guide to roast cuts (below) for more info.
- 1 can (15 oz) Ranch Style Pinto Beans
(recommended type pictured, right. NOTE: for less spicy, choose plain pinto beans or beans without jalapeño peppers)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Place 2 cups water and roast in slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hour cook time (high for 5 hour cook time) – approx. time
- With 1 hour cook time left, drain any water left in slow cooker and add 1 can Ranch Style pinto beans
- Cook until roast shreds easily with fork
- Optional: add 1 can corn or finely chopped peppers (green, red, chili)
- Serve in warm tortilla, can be topped with shredded cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, etc.
Number Of Servings: 4-6
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 8 – 10 hours