How To: Remove Facebook Apps
A good practice with Freebies on Facebook is to remove apps after signing up. Whenever you sign up for something and need to click “Allow” to let it access your profile, you can remove the app on Facebook. It’s not necessary to remove every app, but it’s a really good idea if you’re ever in doubt or something looks even mildly suspicious.
How to Remove a Facebook Application:
Easy method: Go to the Facebook App management page and click X on far right of app you want to remove.
Or you can delete all of your Facebook apps (you can always allow legitimate apps again later)
- Click to Go to the Facebook App management page
- Scroll down and find “Apps, Websites and Plugins” – click EDIT
- Click DISABLE PLATFORM
- All of the apps will be deleted.
- You can then go back in and ENABLE PLATFORM and re-allow any legitimate apps you want
- Go to your home page on Facebook
- In left hand column (under “apps”) scroll over the upper right corner of the box to reveal “more” and click it
- click the gear icon next to the app you’d like to remove, then “remove app”
Yet another way to remove Facebook apps:
- Alternately, you can click the downward pointing arrow in upper right corner of Facebook
- Then click “Settings”
- Then select “Apps”
- Click X next to any you don’t want.
- You can also find other options of types of apps to remove under you main app list.