Easter-Egg Carton Chickens – Kids Craft
Are you getting ready for Easter? Try out this easy craft to get the festivities rolling-Egg Carton Chickens. These cute little chickens will hold decorated eggs or candy (don’t worry, they won’t eat the goodies!) This is a simple craft to make and it is great to use as a table top decoration, a place setting at Easter dinner, or just as a darling little candy dish!
They like to follow each other 🙂
- Paper Egg Carton
- Red paper (or felt)
- White Paint
- Exacto Knife (optional)
Now how to cut the egg carton:
- Cut the egg carton 1 1/2 rows widthwise (you might need to use the Exacto to help get around the corners)
- Since you need one “pocket” to hold the egg, cut along the middle of one egg pocket
- This is what your “chicken” will look like before you clean up the edges
- Clean up the edges and the corners. I cut around the edges to give it a curved finish.
- Now you are ready to paint!
Three little chickies drying in the sun:
The next part is to cut out the “combs” and the “beaks”. I didn’t do anything special here. I freehand cut the combs and the beaks for the chickens. Then I attached the pieces with glue. I drew the eyes in with a black sharpie. You could get crazy and use some googly eyes instead, but I did not have any on hand. Be creative. You can improvise with any type of paper or felt for the beaks and the combs.
Happy Easter Crafting!