TIP: Keep a Clean House in 15 Min a Day
Not long ago my house was always clean, always clutter-free. Ahhh I remember those days fondly. After my daughter was born, it seems like there are toys everywhere! But, not only that, the new-found clutter seems to invite everyone else in the house to stop picking up after themselves too. It doesn’t take long for the four of us to cause our once-clean house to be cluttered and messy.
5 quick & easy steps to a clutter-free home in just 15 minutes a day. Busy? No time to clean? You’ll be amazed at how easy this is, and how well it works!!
Here’s one method I’ve found works for my family. I hope it helps yours too!
Be a Gatherer
The secret weapon: Your Empty Laundry Basket!
- Grab an empty laundry basket and start at one end of the house.
- Pick up anything that isn’t supposed to be in that room, put it in the basket.
- Go to the next room and repeat, until you’ve gone through the whole house.
- Now, quickly sort the basket into piles of stuff – one for each person in the house.
- Call them to come and grab their stuff and put it away! (Obviously very young children will need help here.)
That’s it! I even skip the basket sometimes and use our stairs – each person gets a stair for their stuff, and they know when the stairs have stuff it’s time to put it away.
Make it a habit! Do this each night before you sit down to watch TV, or before you make dinner, or before you go to bed – whatever works for you. Pick one and stick to it.
Get the whole family involved! Since you’re making it a lot easier and more clear than just saying “pick up your stuff,” which is almost too big to tackle, you might be surprised how willing your family is to grab an already-picked-up pile of stuff. And, the incredible part is, after a few weeks of this they might actually STOP leaving their stuff laying around! Okay, that might be asking too much, but it does get them thinking! 😉
Related article: How to Get Kids to Help Clean House
Spring Cleaning Savings
Grab some EXTRA SAVINGS on CLEANING PRODUCTS!!
1. SUNDAY PAPER: Each month, P&G releases a new booklet of coupons, a majority of them are for cleaning products! Find them in your Sunday Paper.
2. SMART PHONE ecoupons/erebate: Sign up for ibotta for FREE right here Snag a free app for your smartphone and enjoy extra cash back on these items. These savings can be stacked with manufacturer coupons as well as store coupons!
3. FREE Printable Coupons: Don’t forget to print your coupons!